Monday, November 3, 2008

My Awesome Husband Post.











Well, what is this... 2nd, 3rdish day, and I already have to ask for ideas. Scary. Josh said that I should post about my awesome husband. Of course he was just kidding, but I think that there is something to that. My husband is pretty awesome. Josh and I met when we were 13 in Sunday School. Neither of us talked much then, so lets face it, we saw each other on Sunday and that was it. Later down the road (I have no idea how old we were) we finally started talking and became pretty good friends. Yep, pretty good friends that stayed pretty good friends until our Senior year in high school. Both of us were bored and tired of relationships...imagine that... so we decided to start one of our own. The rest is history... sort of. He went on a mission and I dated in college, but I still loved Josh.... drama drama. Finally about 3/4 way through the mission, I told Josh that we just needed to stop talking because it was too hard on me and too distracting for him. When he came back from his mission (he'll still admit to this) he hated me for "dumping him". Anyway, we went out a few times and decided that life just wouldn't be right if we weren't together. So 3 1/2 years and 2 kids later, we do still really love each other and have so much fun just being together.
6 reasons I love "My Awesome Husband"
1-He's funny. Yeah he's funny not in a comedian type way, but he'll say some of the weirdest/silliest/nerdiest things sometimes, and it really is hilarious.
2-He is a very hard worker. I am learning to love this more every day. Josh has a long 15ish hour work day at work, and then he usually comes home and works on something at home. On his days off...watch out. He's always on a mission....cleaning and fixing stuff around the house, and doing things for other people. This really does motivate me to be better, because most who know me know that I can be pretty lazy.
3-Josh LOVES to help people. Sometimes I think he should have been a nurse instead of me. He is always doing things for other people. It really doesn't matter what it is or how much it will cost him, he'll do it. This is another good example for me. I'm getting better. ;)
4-He loves me. I don't know how else to put it. He would do anything for me, and I know it. I think it's pretty neat.
5-He loves kids, and especially ours. Not one day goes by where Josh doesn't say something like... (speaking of the kids) "they're so awesome", "they're so beautiful", "aren't you glad they're here?". After a looong day of being with a bi-polar (or so he acts) toddler, it means alot to me that he loves his kids so much. It makes me want to be a better mom.
6-Josh is a jack of all trades. It's nice. Sometimes it drives me crazy because I feel like he knows everything about everything, but he really does know something about everything, or he will find out.
Today I am thankful for My Awesome Husband--- Love you Babe!!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Josh is an awesome husband. I'm glad that he loves the bi-polar toddlers in his life.....I'm ready to send you another one.

Shelby Asay said...

lol oh your funny i couldnt stop laughing. i love ya tam!

Dakota 08